8 Days: 8 Ways to Prepare for SIWC
1. Read bios of your favourite agents, editors and writers.
2. Practice your pitches.
3. Decide which works to blue pencil.
4. Check the schedules for workshops that interest you.
5. Select clothing for three days—you don’t want to be thinking about that kind of thing during the weekend. There’ll be enough on your mind!
6. Buy some business cards to help you stay connected.
7. Purchase books you want autographed.
8. Prepare to come out of your shell for (at least) three days. Many writers are natural introverts, but put 800 of them together, and they can let loose…